Celebrating the Equinox and Ancient Cultures
Equinox aligned Ancient Sites
As the new year began, I felt the old pull to embark on some new art projects. I will post updates as I work on this set more. Here are my latest artwork in progress. Keep in mind some are just begun and will change drastically before they are finished. I thought it would be interesting to post them at this early stage to see how far they change…
Thank you for stopping by to check out my latest artworks in progress. I will be posting new pictures as the work develops. Check back in to watch evolution in progress.
Support an artist, buy my t shirts:
Today I ran an experiment on a whim. I am not sure why I had never tried it before. I was already going to print off a few posters of the Solve et Coagula design. It popped into my mind while staring at the stack of blank, grey poster paper. Why not see what happens if I try something different? Today I also made a screen print poster of my Hand of Mysteries Design with discharge.
First, I printed my Solve et Coagula design. The test was short and I only made 3 of these posters. I think I will end up offering them as a limited edition shirt combo…
It seemed an obvious enough idea since paper is made from natural fiber which is dyed. As long as the dye in the paper is reactive type which makes up most all of them, it should (and did) discharge. Neat!
I only printed one of these posters since I was really just testing to see if it worked. There may be some other source that already had this information but it seemed more fun to try it out than to Google it.
Now that I have seen that the process works, it is time to think of designs that integrate the technique in some creative ways. I will need to make a screen print poster design with some discharge elements. It shall be an interesting experiment.
Both designs are also available on t Shirts on my Etsy shop:
Closet of Mysteries on Etsy